Friday, July 6, 2012

Whole30 Day1 Recap

So, I started the Whole30 yesterday. The whole30 is essentially Paleo without all the thought of Cavemen and such. They challenge us all to eat protein, vegetables, up to 2 servings of fruit, and good fats each day. No carbs, sugars, processed foods... essentially anything I was living on previously. I've been feeling lethargic and no matter how much I worked out I couldn't kick the weight I've gained recently. This is a journey in willpower something I've never been very good at.
So, Day 1 I woke up PUMPED to start. Ate 3 eggs over easy with enough leftover grilled zucchini, squash, onions, mushrooms, and peppers to fill up the remainder of my plate. Not 30 minutes later I had energy! It was amazing. I didn't feel like eating at 1230 but I forced myself as to get on some sort of a schedule. I had sirloin and raw green and red peppers. No need to snack after this... Felt full! The program says you may have a few cups of black coffee prior to lunch if you'd like but I opted out. I usually get my caffeine in the form of soda. Still holding out for the caffeine headache I knew was going to hit. For dinner we had grilled chicken, sweet potatoes, and sautéed peppers and onions. I prepared ground beef for tomorrows meals and felt satisfied all throughout the night. I noticed I was exhausted about 9:00. I'm never tired that early!!! A sign that hopefully I can make my internal clock work properly! And prior to bed the headache came on. I forced myself to sleep without medicine and I woke up today with energy and NO headache. Day 1. Successful.

xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment